Our primary concern is to respect residents' independence and to offer a transformative, supported living environment.
"I always want to come home here, because of the staff.
I really like all the staff here" ~ Autumn Leaves Resident
Our Mission is:
- To provide a high standard of care and support to every service user.
- To provide a safe, welcoming, nurturing, environment where service users are able to develop and grow at their own pace to maximise their potential emotionally, physically, intellectually, socially and spiritually.
- To offer consistent, unconditional care, enabling each service user to live in an environment that encourages positive relationships, mutual respect, trust, and consideration for others.
- To accept and understand each individual service user, at all times maintaining their dignity and self-respect.
- To ensure service users experience success and praise, enabling the stimulation of emotional growth and the development of trusting relationships
- To assist service users in the development of their sense of identity and self-image, and preserve their cultural and religious heritage.
- To empower service users to make choices through the expression of wishes, feelings and preferences, developing their right to self-determination.
- To adopt a person-centred approach, ensuring the best possible support for each service user, providing a service specific to the needs of the individual, giving them a sense of permanence, security, and genuine unhurried commitment.
- To be sensitive to service users’ needs and expectations by encouraging their full participation and integration into the community, aiding them to develop daily living skills and activities of daily living to promote independence and choice.
- To enable service users to have access to a wide variety of individual and group activities, both in their home and in the local community, maximising their occupational, vocational and leisure potential.
- To accept challenging and disruptive behaviours and, as far as possible, channel these into positive avenues, and to remain committed to non-aversive methods of managing and reducing such behaviours.
- To recognise the specific communication needs of each individual and work towards enhancing their communication abilities and develop self-expression.